Easylix® Bloat Guard® Pressed Block is a free choice block that helps protect against frothy bloat in cattle consuming legume or wheat pastures when used as directed. By using Easylix Bloat Guard Pressed Block high quality pastures can be utilized that may otherwise not be grazed.
About the Product
Bloat is a condition in ruminants that is marked by abdominal distention due to accumulated gas in the rumen. These gases are the by-product of the digestion of feeds in the rumen. In frothy bloat these gases mix with rumen contents to form a very stable foam. Frothy bloat is associated with ruminants grazing lush, immature, legume pastures or wheat pastures.
Easylix Bloat Guard Pressed Blocks contain poloxalene ( the active ingredient in Bloat Guard) which reduces the surface tension in the walls of the bubbles, within the froth, so that they can combine with other bubbles and burst. Poloxalene allows lipid and proteins present in the rumen to lodge themselves in the bubble walls, effectively disrupting the bubble’s surface tension and preventing the formation of the stable foam inherent with frothy bloat.
Cattle will consistently be drawn to the highly palatable Easylix Bloat Guard Pressed Block. Reliable consumption is achieved through the use of molasses and added salt along with other palatable ingredients.
Because salt is used to encourage proper consumption of the Easylix Bloat Guard Pressed Block, no additional source of salt should be offered. The Easylix Bloat Guard Pressed Block delivers adequate salt necessary for cattle health, growth and reproduction.
Weather Resistance and Convenience
Weather resistant Easylix Bloat Guard Pressed Block may be placed directly on the ground in the pasture, so there is no need for mineral feeders or bunks. The block is a convenient 33.3 pounds that can be easily moved from pasture to pasture.
|Crude Protein, min %||4.0|
|Crude Fat, min %||0.5|
|Crude Fiber, max %||12.5|
|Salt (NaCl), min %||19.5|
|Salt (NaCl), max %||23.0|
|Potassium (K), min %||1.8|
|Iodine (I), min||43 ppm|
|Selenium (Se), min||13 ppm|
|Vitamin A, min||None Added|
Active Drug Ingredients
(Each pound contains 29.94g)
- To be fed at the rate of 0.8 oz. of block per 100 lb. of body weight per day. Example: 8 oz. (0.5 lb.) of block for a 1000 lb. animal daily.
- For adequate protection it is essential that each animal consume the total recommended dosage of EASYLIX® Bloat Guard® Pressed Block daily.
- Omit all salt from feed. Do not feed free choice sources of salt or mineral containing salt in any form. These blocks are an adequate source of salt.
- Begin feeding blocks continuously. Feed blocks and full feed dry non-legume hay at least 48 hours prior to legume (alfalfa, clover) consumption. Repeat when block consumption is interrupted to maintain control.
- Provide at least 1 block for each 5 head of cattle; add 1 additional block when each block has been half-consumed.
- The location of the block is extremely important for adequate consumption. Place blocks where cattle congregate (watering, grazing and loafing areas) in order to limit the distance an animal must travel to have ready access to a block.
- Controlled grazing practices (Strip Grazing) are recommended in order to limit the distance an animal must travel to have ready access to a block.
- In some instances it may be necessary to confine cattle in a dry lot with additional EASYLIX Bloat Guard Pressed Blocks for a period each day.
USE ONLY AS DIRECTED. Consumption of selenium should not exceed 3 mg per head per day.
Access to, and intake of blocks may be limited during or directly after heavy rain or dew, and after frost or change of pasture. Variation in cattle routine may change their feeding and watering habits. Relocate blocks immediately as necessary. Special caution should be taken. Water high in salt and alkaline soils limit consumption and performance.